This global day of giving encourages people to give back to charities and causes like The ATSS Foundation and our charitable programs. Donate this #GivingTuesday on Nov. 29.
This year, your donation goes further! The Georgia ATSSA Chapter is matching donations up to $5,000, doubling your impact to The Foundation. Help us reach our goal and know that your donation is going toward the cause to promote work zone safety.
A huge thanks to 31 our generous donors, who helped us raise $7,851 on Nov. 29! With the $5,000 match from the Georgia ATSSA Chapter, we raised a total of $12,851 in donations for our charitable programs that support roadway and work zones workers and their families.
Highlighted accomplishments from the first 11 months of 2022:
- Awarded 14 Roadway Worker Memorial Scholarships and two Chuck Bailey Memorial Scholarships for the 2022-23 academic year to the dependents of men and women killed or permanently disabled in work zone incidents.
- Ten names were inscribed and honored on the National Work Zone Memorial.
- The National Work Zone Memorial visited 13 locations, reaching more than 8,650 people. The virtual Memorial was displayed at 17 events, reaching more than 7,155 people.
- Awarded two Marty Weed Engineering Scholarships to newer public agency engineers from Tennessee DOT and Utah DOT to attend ATSSA’s 2022 Convention & Traffic Expo.
- The Foundation continues to offer Experience Camps Travel Scholarships to help children grieving a parent, sibling or caregiver lost to a roadway work zone incident.
- The children’s work zone educational activity book has been downloaded 65 unique times with a reach of more than 4,140 children and 889 copies of the printed activity book have been purchased for a total outreach of more than 5,000 children learning about work zone safety.
- The Teen Driver program course has been completed 44 times nationally and the Oklahoma-specific course has been completed 2,250 times through Work Zone Safe.
- The Foundation provided six monthly $500 scholarships for the Work Zone Safe Teen Driver program.
Remember to give this #GivingTuesday – Add the event to your calendar
Want to help spread the word? Be a Social Media Ambassador!
- Tell your family and friends on social media why you support The ATSS Foundation and remember to include #ATSSFoundation and #GivingTuesday in your posts.
- Add a temporary profile picture of our “unselfie” profile image. Just save the image and upload it to your profile.
- Forward the Giving Tuesday reminder emails you receive to your family and friends, encouraging them to donate.
Thank you for supporting our mission of supporting families of roadway workers killed or permanently disabled in work zone incidents.
Get involved on #GivingTuesday, Nov. 29:
- Make an online donation – Even $25 helps The Foundation’s many programs support industry friends and families.
- Become a monthly donor – Monthly recurring donations allow supporters to spread the financial impact of their giving throughout the year.
- $5 a month provides (48) work zone safety educational activity books to schools.
- $10 a month ensures fallen workers are honored and remember on the National Work Zone Memorial.
- $50 a month provides grief counseling for children to attend an Experience Camps.
- $100 a month ensures children of fallen and disabled work zone workers can attend college.
- Be active on social media:
- “Like” and share the donation page on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Post about why you support us and remember to include #ATSSFoundation and #GivingTuesday.
- Use our “unselfie” profile image.
Thank you for helping us spread the word and finish 2022 strong! Even if you are unable to donate now, consider making a gift before Dec. 31.
To learn more about the global celebration of generosity, #GivingTuesday, please visit givingtuesday.org.